Purchasing Your Pass
Purchase your passes at the following locations
ON BOARD BUSES
One Day and 5-Day passes may be purchased on board Long Beach Transit buses. To
purchase a pass on board the bus:
1. Tell the driver which pass you want to purchase.
2. Deposit exact fare into the farebox.
3. Retrieve the pass produced by the farebox. Look at the back of the pass to confirm
that you received the correct pass (Figure A).
Activating Your Pass
ALL PASSES NOT BOUGHT ON BOARD BUSES MUST FIRST BE ACTIVATED
All passes that display the “DIP” symbol (Figure B) must be activated at the farebox
the first time it is used.
TO ACTIVATE YOUR PASS
1. Insert pass into the slot located on the top left of the farebox (Figure C).
The artwork on the pass must be facing you with the notched corner in the top left.
2. The farebox will automatically take the pass and activate it.
3. The farebox will print the expiration information on the back of the pass (Figure
A) and eject the pass through the top slot. Your pass is now activated. Retrieve
the pass and proceed to a seat on the bus.
Using Your Pass
SWIPE YOUR ACTIVATED PASS EACH TIME YOU BOARD A BUS
All multiple use passes—such as Day Passes,
5-Day Passes, and 30-Day Passes—need to be swiped every time you board a Long Beach
Transit bus. When swiping your pass through the card reader on the top right side
of the farebox (Figure D), the magnetic stripe must be facing you with the notched
corner facing top left (Figure E).You should hear a “beep,” which indicates that a valid pass was successfully swiped.