Long Beach Transit is implementing many features to improve security and safety throughout our services.
New technologies and programs like TransitWatch all contribute to make our community a more enriched place to live.
TranSmart Tracking System
The TranSmart Tracking System allows the LBT Communications Center via satellite to watch where every bus in
the system is at all times.
Cameras on Buses
Long Beach Transit has cameras on buses. The cameras help us keep track of activity throughout the bus, the
bike racks on the front of the bus, and at bus stops when passengers board and alight.
At Long Beach Transit, your safety is a top priority. We all can help increase safety on our bus system,
by our vigilance and by reporting suspicious people or activity.
LBT has a special unit of Long Beach Police officers assigned to help keep the environment on board buses and at bus stops safe.
Customer Bill of Rights
- Long Beach Transit appreciates it when passengers offer priority seating to senior citizens and persons with disabilities.
- Service animals shall be allowed on the bus. All other animals shall be kept in closed carriers.
- Radios, cell phones, games and other electronic devices shall be listened to through earphones only.
- Speaking loudly or using lewd language shall not be allowed.
- Eating, drinking and smoking on the bus is not allowed.
- Consumable liquids brought on the bus are to remain in threaded, sealed containers.
- Shirts and shoes shall be worn while riding the bus.
- Seating is for bus passengers to sit down on! Parcels, purses, backpacks, etc. shall be kept on laps, not seats.
- Carts, strollers and surfboards less than 6 feet may be taken on the bus and shall be kept out of passageways.
- Fold-up style bicycles and scooters are allowed when collapsed and kept out of aisles.
- Hazardous materials may not be brought on board, for example, car batteries or gasoline.