|Discount Fare Eligibility
Proper identification is required at the time of boarding for all Student, Reduced Fare (Senior, Disabled, and Medicare) and Legally Blind customer fares.
Student 30-Day Passes
Super Stamps are issued to schools that belong to the Long Beach Transit Student Discount Program. Check with your school administration office or call Long Beach Transit at 562-591-2301 to see if your school is a member. Student 30-day passes require:
- TAP card is required for students K-12. You may be required to show ID of your current school with the current stamp "Super Stamp" square.
- Local High School photo ID card with current square “Super Stamp.”
Note:Middle School students may be required to show school ID upon request.
- TAP card is required for students in College/Vocational school along with the identification of the current school with the current round "Super Stamp"
- LBCC or LB Adult School student photo ID card with current round “Super Stamp.”
* CSULB Students please use your TAP card provided by the school.
Reduced Fare (Senior, Disabled, Access Service, and Medicare) Customers
All Long Beach Transit Reduced Fares require one of the following photo ID cards:
Seniors (62 & older), Access Service, and Medicare Customers
- For reduced cash fare: a Medicare Card, DMV “Senior Citizen” ID card, or
a Metro Senior TAP ID Card.
- For Long Beach Transit Reduced Fare Day, 5-Day, and 30 Day Passes: Senior Citizen ID card from Long Beach Transit or OCTA, or
a Metro Senior TAP ID Card.
Customers with Disabilities
To qualify for the LA County Transit Operators Association (LACTOA) Disabled TAP ID, which allows the bearer to ride public transit in Los Angeles
County for a discount, view the metro.net LACTOA Disabled TAP ID Application, or call Long Beach Transit at 562-591-2301 and we will mail you one.
Applications are also available at the Long Beach Transit Center at 130 E. 1st St., Monday through Friday 7am - 6pm, Saturday & Sunday 9am - 6pm.
Return your completed application by mail directly to: Metro Reduced Fare Office, 1 Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Please remember that a $2 non-refundable application fee must be included with your completed application, and this fee must be paid by either
a personal check or a money order.
Passengers with an LA County Access Services ID card can now ride for free on Long Beach Transit buses. In order to ride for free, swipe your card when you board.
Personal Care Attendants are not part of the free fare program and will need to pay full fare. The OCTA Access Services program is not affiliated with the LA County program.
Legally Blind Customers
To qualify for Long Beach Transit's legally blind pass:
- Complete a legally blind application, available by clicking here or request an application by visiting the Transit & Visitor Information Center at 130 E. 1st Street or call 562-591-8753.
- Call Long Beach Transit’s Eligibility Analyst at (562) 591-8753, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., to schedule your in-person application review and training.
- Bring a valid photo identification (such as California ID, Passport or a Braille Institute ID), your completed application, and a $2 pass processing fee to your appointment. Appointments are held at Long Beach Transit's administrative offices at 1963 E. Anaheim St., Long Beach, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Upon a successful application review, a legally blind pass will be issued allowing the bearer to ride Long Beach Transit at no cost. This is the only pass that is valid to ride Long Beach Transit buses as a blind person for free.